Yankees' DJ LeMahieu reaches one milestone, near another

MINNEAPOLIS — DJ LeMahieu gathered his 1,500th job hit Tuesday night in the Yankees’ win over the Twins and entered Wednesday just just one homer absent from his 100th.

Individuals quantities are “pretty cool” LeMahieu reported Wednesday, but he’s acquired extra crucial ambitions in intellect.

“The point we’re profitable like we are means more,’’ LeMahieu reported, a working day right after the Yankees grew to become the to start with MLB workforce to generate its 40th acquire this period. “I’ll glimpse again on these matters right after my job.”

In the meantime, he’s hoping to increase constructive stats to this year’s line.

What has been a relatively up-and-down period at the plate for LeMahieu has noticed a current uptick. He entered Wednesday 8-for-22 with two doubles, a homer, seven RBIs, seven walks and just 3 strikeouts in his earlier 6 online games.

“I really feel good and want to preserve it going,’’ LeMahieu stated. “I experience like I have experienced some affect on game titles and hope to string a few alongside one another here. I feel genuinely superior at the plate.”

DJ LeMahieu
DJ LeMahieu
Getty Visuals

The remaining hand, which experienced bothered him, is now fine and on Tuesday, he tied a vocation high by reaching base 5 periods.

It was his 3rd hit of the night time that bought him to 1,500.

“I knew I was near,’’ LeMahieu claimed of the milestone.

But he acknowledged it didn’t make as considerably of an perception as his 1st strike, which arrived soon after he produced his debut with the Cubs in 2011.

“My to start with assumed just after that hit was I believed I had it designed,’’ LeMahieu stated. “I experienced so significantly adrenaline, I could have hit left-handed.”

He experienced place plenty of tension on himself prior to that first single, telling himself, “I’ve got to get at least a single [hit] whilst I’m up below.”

Then, in the course of a video game June 3, 2011 at St. Louis, LeMahieu attained on an infield one against Jaime Garcia — details he remembers with out hesitation extra than a 10 years later on.

What made the instant even far more specific was the truth Albert Pujols was playing to start with foundation for the Cardinals that night and was the 1st to congratulate LeMahieu.

DJ LeMahieu
DJ LeMahieu
AP

“He mentioned ‘Congrats. Hopefully this is the first of numerous,’ ” LeMahieu mentioned of the interaction. “I’ll in no way forget it.”

Now, LeMahieu is having again to being an integral part of the Yankees’ lineup.

He entered Wednesday with an OPS of .756, improved than the .711 mark he place up a yr back, when LeMahieu was hindered by a sporting activities hernia, but even now considerably off his breakout seasons in 2019 and 2020, when he had decades of .893 and 1.011, respectively.

But manager Aaron Boone thinks LeMahieu is hitting greater than some of the quantities would show.

“I truly feel like he’s been definitely dependable,’’ Boone stated. “I do not want to say he’s been completely unlucky, but in June he’s been swinging perfectly. I come to feel his at-bats have been really constant. He’s been in that fantastic DJ stretch exactly where he receives a pair of hits in a handful of online games in a row. He’s scratching the area of that. … I hope he goes on one of those people stretches [now].”

He was again at the major of the lineup on Wednesday, in entrance of Aaron Judge, a night time immediately after he started out off the activity Tuesday with a hit that was followed by a Decide two-operate homer.

Yankees' DJ LeMahieu reaches one milestone, near another

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires