Stephen Curry thought he was going to be drafted by Knicks


The Knicks didn’t even make the playoffs, but that does not suggest the 2022 NBA Finals didn’t start out with a knife to the heart of their enthusiasts.

When Warriors celebrity Stephen Curry was requested what was likely by means of his thoughts on draft evening 2009 and what he thought of the franchise when he was picked, he answered his aim had been on the Knicks, who had the No. 8 select, a single place ahead of Golden Condition.

“There was a lot in that query,” Curry explained and laughed. “What did I assume about the business? I didn’t think a great deal about it. I was developing up on the East Coast, so I watched video games but all I really knew is the ‘We Believe’ crew and the Baron Davis dunk and them beating Dallas. That was prime of intellect. I understood about Run TMC, but did not definitely comprehend the background as a lot. When I got drafted, I believed I was likely to New York, and didn’t truly have Golden Condition on the radar at all.”

The Knicks finished up drafting Jordan Hill. But then-Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni explained before this year on the “Old Person and the Three” podcast he experienced desperately wished Curry.

“We were being selecting 8 in New York, and, man, we required him so undesirable I could flavor it,” D’Antoni mentioned. “I did not know he was gonna be the Steph he is, obviously. But, for New York, he would have been on fireplace. He went 7 and that was one particular of the highlights of my disappointment — it is like, which is big.”

Stephen Curry thought he was going to be drafted by Knicks

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires