Kevin Na quits PGA Tour to play in Saui-backed LIV Golf

Kevin Na, a 5-time PGA Tour winner and the 33rd-ranked player in the earth, is signing up for the controversial Saudi Arabia-backed LIV Golf Series.

He created the announcement on Saturday on Instagram, posting a concept in which he wrote he was “resigning” from the PGA Tour.

“For 19 yrs, I’ve performed on the PGA Tour and I have beloved just about every minute of it,” Na wrote. “I appreciate the platform the tour has presented me to enjoy the game that I enjoy and for the opportunities that have appear with it.

“Recent developments in the qualified golf earth have given me a prospect to reconsider my choices. I would like the flexibility to enjoy wherever I want and exercising my correct as a free agent gives me that possibility. Nonetheless to remain a PGA Tour player, I will have to give up my correct to make these selections about my profession. If I physical exercise my appropriate to decide on had been and when I play golfing, then I can't continue to be a PGA Tour participant devoid of experiencing disciplinary proceedings and authorized motion from the PGA Tour.

Kevin Na
Kevin Na
AP

“I am unfortunate to share that I have selected to resign from the PGA Tour. This has not been an easy determination and not just one I choose evenly. I hope the current insurance policies transform and I’ll be ready to play on the PGA Tour again.”

Before this 7 days, in the wake of the discipline getting announced for the first LIV Golf event subsequent week in London that bundled various PGA Tour members, the Tour issued a assertion stating gamers who participated in the function would experience disciplinary action, although it did not specify what that motion would be. On the other hand, PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan earlier has threatened any Tour players who participate in the LIV series with sanctions that could contain suspension or banishment from the PGA Tour. While if a participant have been to “resign” their membership, as Na suggests he is undertaking, that would indicate he would not have position on tour and so would not be topic to punishment.

The 38-12 months-outdated Na joins Dustin Johnson, Sergio Garcia, Martin Kaymer, Graeme McDowell, Ian Poulter and Lee Westwood, amid other individuals, in the discipline.

Kevin Na quits PGA Tour to play in Saui-backed LIV Golf

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires