'I will be a Pro Bowler this year'

Quincy Williams was a late addition to the 2021 Jets, finding claimed off of waivers just ahead of the season began. Williams speedily realized the defense, grew to become a dependable starter at within linebacker and wound up next on the workforce with 110 tackles.

He has more substantial plans in 2022.

“I’d like to speak it into existence so I will be a Professional Bowler this calendar year,” Williams said Thursday.

The Jets believed in Williams sufficient not to make any key additions at linebacker this offseason. He will be the starter alongside C.J. Mosley. Williams’ being familiar with of the defense has hit a further stage as he’s had extra time in it.

“I’m a ton extra comfortable,” Williams mentioned. “When I 1st bought listed here it was a studying on-the-fly kind of point. I was largely learning what’s my job. This offseason I’m finding out what’s my occupation and how does it in good shape in the plan. Which is the major factor. Now, I’m finding out all parts of the defense.”

Jets linebacker Quincy Williams speaks to the media after practice at OTAs in Florham Park, New Jersey.
The Jets signed Quincy Williams off of waivers in September.
Monthly bill Kostroun/New York Article

Particular groups coordinator Brant Boyer has been with the Jets for a longer period than any other mentor or participant. Boyer was hired in 2016 by then-mentor Todd Bowles. He has lasted by way of three head coaches, two typical professionals and nine unique quarterbacks.

Boyer has however to expertise a winning time with the Jets, but he sees hope in this year’s group.

Jets special teams coach Brant Boyer speaks to the media before practice at OTAs in Florham Park, New Jersey.
Specific teams coach Brant Boyer is the longest-tenured Jets mentor.
Monthly bill Kostroun/New York Publish
A Jets employee photographs the Stanley Cup which was displayed at Jets OTAs in Florham Park, New Jersey on June 9, 2022.
The Stanley Cup made an look at the Jets OTA on Thursday.
Invoice Kostroun/New York Post

“I believe that this staff is on the rise,” Boyer explained. “Again, I’m not likely to put any expectations out there, butI feel there is far more level of competition at each and every location than I have witnessed listed here considering the fact that I’ve been hereI consider Joe [Douglas, GM] and upstairs have completed a amazing job at bringing in a lot more expertise. I feel they are likely to be perfectly coached across the board. The sky is the limit for this team. I consider that we’ll shock some people today as significantly as how physical this group is heading to engage in. I assume we are more quickly and we’re even larger. I have large expectations. I consider we are heading to win some games this calendar year, I really do. That’s just kind of how I come to feel about it.”


The Stanley Cup compensated a visit to the Jets on Thursday. It was in the middle of the exercise fields for the OTA with players and coaches taking images of and with it. … Free of charge agent OT Riley Reiff visited the Jets on Thursday. Reiff used a excellent portion of follow viewing with GM Joe Douglas and assistant GM Rex Hogan.

'I will be a Pro Bowler this year'

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires