Dustin Johnson points to family when grilled on $125 million Saudi tour decision

It was family, not “money.”

Dustin Johnson was questioned the $125 million dilemma at his Saudi-backed LIV Tour push meeting on Tuesday morning. Right after confirming that he resigned from the PGA Tour and now would be ineligible for the Ryder Cup, the two-time significant champ was questioned: “There are a lot of persons on social media and even in this article who stated you selected money above nation. What would be your reply to that?”

“I chose what’s ideal for me and my spouse and children,” stated Johnson, who lately married Paulina Gretzky. The pair has two small children alongside one another.

Johnson reportedly acquired $125 million to go away the PGA Tour for LIV, which has its inaugural party this week outdoors of London. Johnson, 37, was the headlining identify in the area that was declared a 7 days ago. Phil Mickelson’s arrangement, reportedly worth $200 million, was to start with noted by The Post’s Mark Cannizzaro on Monday.

Dustin Johnson at the press conference ahead of the inaugural LIV Golf Invitational.
Dustin Johnson at the press conference forward of the inaugural LIV Golfing Invitational.
Motion Images by using Reuters

Sergio Garcia, Charl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen and Branden Grace also resigned from the PGA Tour on Monday night. The PGA Tour has threatened suspension and even bans for players who built the controversial switch. Mickelson informed Athletics Illustrated he has not officially resigned from the PGA.

“It’s tricky to discuss on what the implications will be, but for now I’ve resigned my membership from the tour and I am going to enjoy below. That is the program,” Johnson stated. 

Johnson explained he plans to engage in in the majors, which make their selections separate from the PGA Tour. The U.S. Open up tees up following 7 days at Brookline, Mass. and Mickelson also said he plans to perform in the celebration.

(From left to right) Louis Oosthuizen, Dustin Johnson, Graeme McDowell and Thailand's Ratchanon Chantananuwat.
(From left to proper) Louis Oosthuizen, Dustin Johnson, Graeme McDowell and Thailand’s Ratchanon Chantananuwat.
Action Pictures via Reuters

Johnson said he hopes the guidelines will modify in regards to the Ryder Cup.

“It was (a component), but ideally all things are matter to adjust,” Johnson mentioned. “Hopefully, at some position it’ll transform and we’ll be capable to take part. If it does not, it was a different point that I genuinely experienced to feel extended and hard about. In the end, I decided to come do this.

“I am fired up about it. Certainly, the Ryder Cup is something that meant a great deal to me and I am proud to have represented my region. Ideally, I’ll get a probability to do that again, but I don’t make my personal guidelines.”

Dustin Johnson points to family when grilled on $125 million Saudi tour decision

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires