Corner D.J. Reed brings quirky diet, shutdown skills to Jets

The Jets can only hope new cornerback D.J. Reed views opposing receivers with as considerably disdain as he has for French toast.

Yep, French toast.

Reed met with the media soon after an organized team action this week and was asked about a stance he has taken on social media opposing the well known breakfast food items.

“French toast just doesn’t attraction to me,” Reed claimed in an entertaining session with reporters. “When I go to a breakfast location, I’m both likely to get waffles or pancakes. If I have a cheat working day, I never ever say, ‘Oh, that French toast appears very good.’ My female gets French toast, and I would virtually see it and it seems to be like thick bread with butter on it. It just does not attractiveness to me. I won’t even test it.”

Which is not Reed’s only peculiar foods take. He did not consume chicken or steak for practically four decades.

“That in fact started in higher education,” Reed stated. “With my way of thinking, I tried to see how I could like run a lot quicker, for my 40-garden sprint. I essentially went vegan for like 4 months. I did that and it was neat, but it was a battle at the time I dropped my chef following the process. Then, I commenced just taking in fish. I actually did that for like a few, 4 many years. I didn’t try to eat steak, hen, just straight pescatarian. I did that and it was amazing.”

NFL
D.J. Reed operates out at Jets observe.
Invoice Kostroun

But Reed held having minimal accidents. One day final yr the own chef for Russell Wilson, his Seattle teammate, told him that his entire body was breaking down due to the fact he wanted much more meat. So, he brought back again chicken and steak, and stayed healthy … and happy.

“When I ate rooster and I ate steak, I was like, I don’t know how the hell I [went without] for 4 a long time,” Reed stated. “I adore my diet regime now.”

The Jets gave Reed a a few-yr, $33 million contract not for his nutritional choices, but for his capability to shut down opposing receivers. Reed experienced a breakout season with the Seahawks final yr in his fourth NFL year. He is now reunited with Jets head coach Robert Saleh, who was his defensive coordinator with the 49ers in 2018 and 2019.

Saleh reported Reed’s work stands out.

“You can virtually hear him grunting on tape and the quantity is on mute,” Saleh claimed, “with how really hard he performs and how difficult he’s receiving in-and-out of his breaks and how critical each individual single rep is to him. You see him in conferences, just the laser aim, there is no dozing off, there is no slouching. He is entirely locked in. You see all of that, and at the exact time, he’s not a robot, he is an unbelievable person and eager to converse to guys and convey guys alongside. So, he has been wonderful. Definitely excited that we have him.”

Jets
D.J. Reed
Monthly bill Kostroun

Reed stated he believes the revamped secondary can “dominate,” and he also mentioned he does not think a trip to the Tremendous Bowl is farfetched.

Defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich believes Reed will be a leader on his defense. Ulbrich reported Reed is “a pet dog.”

“He’s conquer a great deal to be the place he’s at now, and he will only get better,” Ulbrich stated. “I never assume this league has viewed what he can turn out to be. So, tremendous fired up about him. He’s a guy that drives that area. A large amount of situations corners are, just by nature due to the fact they are out on these islands, often they are not the most inclusive teammates, if that tends to make sense and they can be a minimal bit of a loner since of the existence they live on that island. He’s not that way at all, he’s a dude which is consistently demanding the team, regularly bringing fellas together, delivers electrical power, provides enthusiasm and he will make absolutely everyone superior. Not just the corners, he’s heading to make our complete workforce far better in that way.”

Corner D.J. Reed brings quirky diet, shutdown skills to Jets

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires