Ryan Tannehill says he will be 'great teammate' to Malik Willis

Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill said his responses previously this thirty day period about fellow Tennessee quarterback Malik Willis have been taken out context and that he will be a terrific teammate to the rookie.

“I intended no disrespect to Malik or something like that,” Tannehill said on Tuesday all through Titans’ OTAs. “We’ve been in continual conversation given that he was drafted. I’m disappointed in how issues acquired spun and twisted a minor little bit. I delight myself on becoming a terrific teammate my complete profession heading back again to when I was a child participating in youth sporting activities.”

Tennessee used a 3rd-round draft pick to select Willis out of Liberty College. The following week, Tannehill explained it is not his work to mentor the younger QB, a participant whom he considers to be level of competition.

The remarks led to a firestorm of criticism, which include from Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, who tweeted, “I will hardly ever realize the ‘I’m not in this article to mentor the subsequent guy’ mentality…so for all you young QBs that have to have a mentor, DM me & I’ll be that man, satisfied to help in any way I can!”

Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill takes part in a drill at the team's practice facility Tuesday.
Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill will take aspect in a drill at the team’s follow facility Tuesday.
AP

For Tannehill’s aspect, while, he claimed on Tuesday that he’s additional than ready to be that dude.

“As shortly as it blew up, I achieved out to him and stated, ‘Hey, I’m heading to be a great teammate to you, I’m heading to assistance you. They’re creating this out to something that it is not to be. It is not what it’s been manufactured out to be at all,'” Tannehill said. “He’s been great. He was good with it through the entire time. It is been terrific to have him in the area and establish that relationship.”

The 33-year-aged and 10-calendar year NFL vet also said he will take his position as a person of the team’s leaders “seriously.”

“There’s a couple people today that I depend as mentors. There’s hundreds of individuals that assisted me out during my career, but there’s only a couple of men and women that I would take into account mentors,” he claimed. “A mentorship is one thing that both of those persons have to want, each people have to agree to enter into that, and it is heading to have to choose a large amount of time, power and aim.”

Also, Willis explained he did not have an difficulty with Tannehill’s first comments.

Titans quarterback Malik Willis takes part in drills at the NFL football team's rookie minicamp last week.
Titans quarterback Malik Willis normally takes element in drills at the NFL football team’s rookie minicamp last 7 days.
AP

“Oh, man, we chopped it up. I signify, it was never ever nearly anything adverse,” Willis claimed two weeks in the past, introducing that Tannehill also invited all the offensive rookies to his house. “Ryan’s a fantastic dude … Everything’s cool.”

Final year, the Titans ended up the top rated seed in the AFC playoffs but have been overwhelmed at residence by the Bengals in the divisional spherical. Tannehill threw a few interceptions in the activity. Then the crew drafted Willis 86th in general.

When or if Willis will unseat Tannehill continues to be to be viewed but for now there does not show up to be any beef.

“It’s been amazing,” Willis reported of Tannehill. “He’s a wonderful guy that operates tremendous tough and wants everyone to get their get the job done. He’s certainly an individual that you can appear up to.”

Ryan Tannehill says he will be 'great teammate' to Malik Willis

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires