Rose Namajunas apologizes for awful UFC fight: 'I f--ked up'

Rose Namajunas apologized to UFC followers for her lackluster overall performance towards Carla Esparza Saturday at UFC 274.

8 several years considering that they previous fought for the women’s strawweight championship, Esparza defeated Namajunas by break up final decision to earn the title in a match that featured minor motion.

“Sorry to anyone,” she wrote on Instagram. “I f–ked up. Certainly come to feel like a s–tty human remaining but this will make me a greater [fighter]. Hats off to Carla and many thanks to every person who’s been there for me.”

UFC boss Dana White criticized the match, saying he “zoned out” mid-way through it.

“It was a unusual battle,” he explained. “Seemed like they didn’t want to engage. I feel they threw a complete of six punches in the initial spherical. It was a hard 1. That comes about in some cases.”

Esparza was relatively perplexed by Namajunas’ passivity.

Carla Esparza defeated Rose Namajunas for the UFC women's strawweight championship, in a match that was panned by UFC boss Dana White.
Carla Esparza defeated Rose Namajunas for the UFC women’s strawweight championship, in a match that was panned by UFC manager Dana White.
Zuffa LLC by way of Getty Photographs

“I really don't come to feel that Rose pushed the pace,” Esparza claimed. “As a winner, you actually need to go just after it, and [say], ‘This is my octagon.’”

“I really don't truly sense that she was aggressive ample to say, ‘Hey, this was my earn,’ so at the finish of the day, I bought the belt, and if she desires a rematch, I’m down for that, as well.”

Esparza ongoing: “I despise to say it this way, but, it is really hard to battle somebody that doesn’t want to fight.”

This was the next strawweight title operate for the 29-12 months-outdated Namajunas. She experienced most not too long ago held the championship considering that defeating Zhang Weili at UFC 261 previous April.

Rose Namajunas apologizes for awful UFC fight: 'I f--ked up'

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires