Naomi Osaka loses in first round in French Open return

Naomi Osaka’s return to the French Open has finished in the initial spherical.

The previous major-rated player missing her opening match to Amanda Anisimova 7-5, 6-4 at Roland Garros on Courtroom Suzanne Lenglen.

Osaka is a 4-time Grand Slam champion who took two mental health breaks very last period. That incorporated a single that began when she withdrew in advance of her 2nd-spherical match at the French Open.

“I’m not heading to lie. When I very first arrived right here, I was extremely worried,” Osaka stated very last week in her pre-tournament push convention. “I was just kind of anxious if there would be men and women that — of system, I also did not like how I managed the situation — but I was anxious that there ended up folks that I offended some way and I would just kind of bump into them. But I assume anyone has been truly favourable, for the most portion. I’m not actually so positive. I was also very apprehensive about this press meeting, simply because I understood I’d get a whole lot of issues about this.”

Anisimova is a 20-12 months-outdated American who arrived at the French Open up semifinals in 2019. She also conquer Osaka in the third round at the Australian Open in January.

Naomi Osaka hits a shoot during her first-round loss at the French Open.
Naomi Osaka hits a shot in the course of her 1st-round loss at the French Open.
EPA
Naomi Osaka reacts after the loss.
Naomi Osaka reacts immediately after the decline.
Getty Pictures

Osaka double-faulted 2 times on crack point, after in each individual set. Just after the next, which gave Anisimova a 4-3 direct, Osaka took a 40- guide in the following recreation but the American held.

Osaka played with tape on her left Achilles. She was stretching it and kicking it with her appropriate foot when she was broken in the seventh recreation of the second established.

Naomi Osaka loses in first round in French Open return

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires