Naomi Osaka hints at skipping sort of 'pointless' Wimbledon

Naomi Osaka may possibly be skipping Wimbledon.

The ATP and WTA have announced position factors will not be awarded at Wimbledon with Russian and Belarusian gamers banned for their countries’ invasion of Ukraine.

Talking with reporters soon after her initial-round reduction to Amanda Anisimova at the French Open, Osaka said that would make her contemplate the main an “exhibition” rather than a significant levels of competition.

“I’m not certain why, but I truly feel like if I engage in Wimbledon without the need of details, it is additional like an exhibition,” she mentioned. “I know this is not correct, appropriate? But my brain just like feels that way. Whenever I imagine one thing is like an exhibition, I just just can't go at it 100 per cent. I didn’t even make my final decision but, but I’m leaning a lot more in the direction of not enjoying given the present circumstances, but that could possibly change.”

Naomi Osaka said she is leaning towards skipping Wimbledon, which she labeled as resembling an
Naomi Osaka claimed she is leaning in direction of skipping Wimbledon, which she labeled as resembling an “exhibition” specified that ranking factors will not be awarded.
NurPhoto by using Getty Visuals

She included that the decision on whether to award points for the event is impacting her mental approach.

“I would say the selection is type of influencing my mentality coming into grass. I’m not 100 % absolutely sure if I’m gonna go there,” she aid. “I would adore to go just to get some knowledge on the grass court, but at the exact time for me — it is type of like, I don’t want to say pointless, no pun supposed, but I’m the variety of participant that receives enthusiastic by viewing my ranking go up or things like that.

“So, I think the intention is definitely good but the execution is form of all more than the put.”

The 24-year-old Osaka did not participate in Wimbledon final calendar year, amid her own split that came soon after her soreness in participating in write-up-match press conferences.

Naomi Osaka hints at skipping sort of 'pointless' Wimbledon

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires