Malik Willis responds to Ryan Tannehill's 'mentor' remarks

No terrible blood here.

Titans rookie Malik Willis was a short while ago requested about the now-viral comments designed by veteran quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who stated this thirty day period that it was not his job to mentor the 3rd-round draft choose.

“What remark?” Willis joked Friday, according to NFL.com. “Oh, person, we chopped it up. I mean, it was never ever anything unfavorable. Ryan’s a fantastic dude. Like I said he had us over to the property. Everything’s amazing.”

The Titans chosen Willis 86th total in the 2022 NFL Draft past month. However Tannehill, 33, mentioned he texted the previous Liberty solution, 22, immediately after the draft, Tennessee’s starting off QB did not appear to be eager on getting on an advisor-like purpose to his new teammate.

“That’s aspect of becoming in a quarterback area, in the exact place — we’re competing in opposition to each and every other, we’re seeing the exact same tape, we’re undertaking the exact same drills,” Tannehill informed reporters before this thirty day period. “I never feel it’s my task to mentor him. But if he learns from me alongside the way, then which is a fantastic matter.”

Tannehill’s comments before long distribute throughout social media, with Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner lambasting the him on Twitter.

Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill in January 2022
Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill in January 2022
Getty Visuals

“I will under no circumstances understand the ‘I’m not below to mentor the following guy’ mentality… so for all you young QBs that have to have a mentor, DM me & I’ll be that male, delighted to enable in any way I can!” Warner tweeted earlier this thirty day period.

Titans coach Mike Vrabel, meanwhile, did not look to get situation with Tannehill’s feedback.

“His work is to get ready to enable us gain a bunch of games and be a fantastic teammate and help out,” Vrabel stated past 7 days. “And I know that he’s heading to do that. So that was not any kind of issue for me.”

Tennessee is wanting forward to the 2022 time pursuing a disappointing complete in January when the best-seeded Titans had been bounced out of the divisional spherical of the AFC playoffs by the Bengals.

Malik Willis responds to Ryan Tannehill's 'mentor' remarks

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires