Dyson Daniels intriguing option for Knicks

CHICAGO — Dyson Daniels, the intriguing 6-foot-8 Australian prospect from the G-League Ignite, considers himself more a point guard but also views himself a lot more a defensive participant.

Which is why the Knicks look incredibly intrigued, interviewing the 19-yr-outdated Daniels on Wednesday at the league’s incorporate. The Knicks need to have a issue guard after the Kemba Walker/Derrick Rose failure. And they need a lot more of a defensive presence.

“It’s always been my toughness, taking part in 1 via 4 on protection,’’ Daniels said Thursday. “A good deal of groups now have two, a few defenders on the flooring at all moments — wanting at Boston in the playoffs and Miami as nicely. But I’m a two-way player, in a position to participate in on equally sides of the ball.’’

However he’s from a rural town in Australia, where by his father played professional ball immediately after graduating from N.C. State, Daniels is keen to examination the significant city. He turned down provides from Houston, Colorado and N.C. Condition to enjoy for the G-League Ignite.

Dyson Daniels attempts a vertical jump during the 2022 NBA Draft Combine on May 18, 2022 at Wintrust Arena in Chicago.
Dyson Daniels attempts a vertical leap in the course of the 2022 NBA Draft Combine.
NBAE by means of Getty Pictures

“I’m definitely hunting at [the Knicks],’’ Daniels claimed. “It’s absolutely a likelihood. It is also early to say on anything at all like that.

“There’s a good deal of people today in that home. I talked to everybody about their knowledge and what it would be like. They asked me concerns. I asked them queries. Clearly New York is a hard area to play in and it is a significant location but I’d be completely ready for whichever staff I’d engage in on.’’

Daniels requirements to do the job on his 3-place shot (30 p.c in the G-League) but is considered a playmaking guard whose ballhandling improved as the year carried on.

“It’s a difficult 1 for me since I have these kinds of a unique match,’’ Daniels stated of his NBA comparison. “I have a very great offensive sport but I’m a great defender. On the offensive conclusion I engage in a minor like Tyrese Haliburton, someone in manage. I truly feel on the defensive conclusion I’m like Lonzo Ball and Alex Caruso, men and women like that. I really feel I have the body after the recreation slows down for me I hope to produce into a Luka Doncic-type job.’’

Dyson Daniels poses for a portrait during the 2022 NBA Draft Combine Circuit on May 17, 2022 in Chicago.
Dyson Daniels opted to play for the G-League Ignite over taking part in in college or university.
NBAE by way of Getty Pictures

Nicely, Doncic could possibly be a extend, but there is intrigue. However, Daniels figures he could be there at 11 when the Knicks pick.

“I’m a huge stage guard at 6-7,’’ Daniels mentioned. “It’s not difficult to see over smaller sized defenders. If I get a more compact defender on me, I’m capable to go down to the submit and perform down there. I’ve usually been a level guard escalating up. I had a progress spurt the past two yrs. I experienced the abilities of a issue guard. With the top, it is an benefit in the NBA.’’

Former St. John’s star Julian Champagnie stated he experienced to cancel a exercise with the Nets previous 7 days since he acquired COVID-19 and was quarantining in Atlanta. Champagnie, a Brooklyn native, had just labored out for the Hawks. He considers himself a late initially-spherical/2nd-spherical select.

Dyson Daniels intriguing option for Knicks

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires