Why I taunted Aaron Rodgers after interception in viral video

Darius Maxwell dealt with Aaron Rodgers like any other flag soccer quarterback.

In a now-viral video clip from the March fundraiser, the junior university scholar hilariously picked off and taunted Aaron Rodgers through a charity flag soccer activity. Following the enjoy, Maxwell handed the ball to Rodgers, who then threw it again at him.

Maxwell spoke to Packersnews.com about his feat that couple NFL defensive backs can brag about.

“I’m telling you, I’m from Florida so when we enjoy 7-on-7, we hand the ball back, we punt the ball immediately after an interception,” Maxwell instructed the web page. “We toss the ball to the other aspect. … In that moment, I just can't inform you why I did it, I was just fired up. ‘Here you go, thank you for the ball.’”

Maxwell, a soccer participant at Saddleback University in Mission Viejo, Calif. utilized his understanding as a receiver to foreshadow Rodgers’ next move.

“The full working day I was participating in zone. I wasn’t striving to enjoy as well significantly gentleman ’cause I never play DB,” explained Maxwell, who will be transferring to Division II Wheeling College. “So I was just backing up in my zone, I observed the corner route coming. ‘Cause I enjoy receiver, so I know when they’re in sure positions, what route they’re operating.

“They ran a bunch participate in, I was like ‘watch the corner route, watch the out route, then observe the crossing route.’ I virtually named it out. So I just backed up on the corner, arrived back to the pivot route then arrived again to the corner. I just understood it, I hid at the rear of the receiver. I did not absolutely go to him, I just sat guiding him a very little little bit, played him … just, the IQ, just been enjoying soccer my complete lifetime.”

In his 14 many years as a starter, Rodgers has only thrown 92 interceptions, an normal of 6.6 for each time. Rodgers laughed off the petty go and introduced the ball back again to the sophomore. Nevertheless, Rodgers followed up the interception by torching Maxwell in the subsequent series.

Aaron Rodgers
For the duration of a charity flag soccer recreation, Aaron Rodgers was picked off my a university sophomore.
Getty Photographs

“It was good, it was pretty nice. Pure (Aaron Rodgers). You can’t halt it. It was nice,” Maxwell claimed.

Rodgers, who attended a junior school before transferring to College of California, talked over his encounters with Maxwell and his teammate Zachary Roebuck.

“Aaron, he’s a incredibly aggressive and incredibly pleasant particular person. He was extremely, really great. Extremely pleasant,” Maxwell reported. “Right after the video game, he was asking us about our story and how it is in juco. He’s unbelievable.”

RX3 Growth Partners, a non-public fairness organization founded by Rodgers, Nate Raabe and Byron Roth, set on the match in San Juan Capistrano, Calif. The all-star teams were being led by recent and former quarterbacks Mark Sanchez, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart and Desmond Ridder. The charity recreation raised in excess of $400,000 for a variety of companies such as Boys & Girls Golf equipment of The united states and North Valley Community Foundation.

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/look at?v=ACGqb-5ALP0[/embed]

“Even even though it was a charity video game, which is one particular of the prime kinds, I’m not likely to lie,” Maxwell stated.

Why I taunted Aaron Rodgers after interception in viral video

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires