Taylor Hawkins' Foo Fighters legacy lives on in new song


Beloved Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins’ first — and quite possibly last — posthumous project just arrived for enthusiasts.

The musician died on March 25 at the age of 50 right after becoming identified in a Colombian resort home.

As of Friday, Hawkins’ vocals can be listened to on a go over of the traditional 1970 Johnny Winter song “Guess I’ll Go Away.”

Hawkins is showcased on the propulsive rock observe with the late Johnny’s brother Edgar (of “Free Ride” fame) Winter and veteran guitar player Doug Rappoport.

 “Guess I’ll Go Away” is portion of Edgar’s new album “Brother Johnny.”

The 75-calendar year-previous rocker shared a heartwarming concept pursuing Hawkins’ death last thirty day period and teased information about the impending collaboration.

“I had the honor and privilege of performing with him as just one of the guest artists on my forthcoming but nevertheless to be produced tribute album ‘Brother Johnny,’ ” Edgar wrote on social media.

The keyboardist went on, “I had only just achieved Taylor, and scarcely bought to know him, but I was so amazed by his sincerity, beneficial vitality, and pure enthusiasm. He experienced a one of a kind spontaneous design and style diverse from any one I’ve ever labored with right before.”

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEwnnNRtsP8[/embed]

“The name of the track is ‘Guess I’ll Go Away.’ Now, both equally Johnny and Taylor have gone a way no one particular can know, but which we all just one day should journey. Whilst I know Johnny has departed this world, I however think of and talk to him just about every day, and will now see Taylor’s facial area alongside side his,” Edgar additional.

“Wherever that way may perhaps direct, I would like them Peace and Really like on the journey, figuring out I will sign up for them shortly — as we all will sometime,” Edgar concluded his touching notice.

The 17-track document showcases quite a few legendary blues and rock singers offering tribute to Winter, Billboard described, which include Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Derek Vehicles and Billy Gibbons, Joe Walsh, Ringo Starr, Michael McDonald, Steve Lukather, Doyle Bramhall II, Phil X, John McFee, Robben Ford, Keb’ Mo’, Bobby Rush, Waddy Wachtel and Gregg Bissonette.

Meanwhile, the Foo Fighters paid out tribute to their fallen buddy and bandmate at the time of Hawkins’ loss of life.

They tweeted, “The Foo Fighters loved ones is devastated by the tragic and premature loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins. His musical spirit and infectious laughter will reside on with all of us permanently.”

“Our hearts go out to his spouse, young children and family members, and we check with that their privacy be addressed with the utmost regard in this unimaginably tough time,” they continued.

The band was scheduled to carry out in Bogotá, Colombia, at the time for the Competition Estéreo Picnic on Friday, March 25, next their Latin American tour.

The Foo Fighters later scored Best Rock Song, Finest Rock Functionality, and Greatest Rock Album at the 2022 Grammy Awards previously this thirty day period. Hawkins was honored at the celebration and host Trevor Noah remembered the singer’s existence, legacy and do the job.

Taylor Hawkins' Foo Fighters legacy lives on in new song

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires